Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Welcome to Nice @ Dice!

If this is your first visit to the Nice @ Dice blog, welcome! Here you will find articles discussing the playing, collecting and designing of all manner of tabletop games. I hope you enjoy! If you read this blog back when it was Catalyst Games, a quick explanation is in order.

When I first began blogging, I wrote about whatever interested me at the moment and I posted to a blog called Catalyst Castle. That name came from a handle I’d been using since I was a young teen. After a point, I decided that I should move my gaming related writing to a separate gaming blog. The title for this new blog became Catalyst Games, as a variation of my original blog.

Since then, it has come to my attention that there is a fairly successful game publishing company called Catalyst Game Labs. To avoid any confusion, I have wanted to change the name of my blog for a while now.

Also, taking a look at the content of my blog, I’ve realized that recently I’ve been lax when it comes to writing about gaming. I’ve moved instead to making videos expressing my thoughts on games. Out of the last 20 articles I’ve posted, only 3 have been anything more than an embedded video from my YouTube channel. While I do enjoy making videos, and some topics lend themselves better to videos than written articles, I do want to get back to writing more articles about my tabletop gaming hobby.

Recently, it occurred to me that I could benefit by establishing a cohesive brand across all of my gaming related media. To that end, I’ve renamed this blog to Nice @ Dice. I have also created a new YouTube channel and a Twitter account with the same branding. I will no longer be embedding my videos here on this blog. All of my new content here will be written articles and resources for gaming. If you would like to keep up with all of my new content, both articles and videos, follow me on Twitter where I will post a notice for every new article or video I upload.

I do hope you continue to find some enjoyment and usefulness in my articles and videos. Thank you so much for supporting Nice @ Dice.

Follow the links below to find me on YouTube and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment